369 views

Subject: Hello from Nextdoor

OCT 19, 2015 | 10:59PM PDT

Garrett replied:

Hi Connie,

You should have full access to your account again.

This was one email received...from a lead named Garret.I mentioned the word free speech and was eliminated from this neighborhood website.This man lives up the street and sent me numerous emails.Where as I became frightened..My husband had just passed away.

I just wanted to let you know that if you are reported for violating the Neighborhood Guidelines again and it’s proven, we may have to suspend your account.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,

Garrett

Nextdoor

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Nextdoor Pros: I could stay in touch with neighbors.

Nextdoor Cons: Appointed leads are harassing and cyber bully, Bullys, Made me afraid to go to nextdoor.

Location: American Canyon, California

Comments

Wylee

I've seen two threads deleted, without warning, though no one was being abusive. Both ended soon after I and others posted messages supporting freedom of speech.

I didn't know if this was a coincidence, but I see others here claiming First Amendment rights are discouraged on Nextdoor. I also have a question: can leads read our private messages?

I'm getting major frosty vibes from a household member of my lead who was always friendly before this and I recently PMed a neighbor with some criticism of this lead. Did the lead read it?

Meleah

Well at least you got some communication. I haven't been able to get a response from them about reactivating my account.

Maybe if I was a widow...

Apparently I'm just a male homeowner who wants to connect with his community. Not good enough.

Nextdoor Reviews